School food policy
We have students who have life threatening nut allergies, so please read this thoroughly to familiarize yourself with how to pack school lunches and snacks. This policy pertains ANY food items brought onto school grounds.
**If you are bringing food to an event to share PLEASE LIST ALL INGREDIENTS for those with alergies or food sensitivities.
The new food policies will also be in the new parent handbook you will receive during Parent Orientation Night, and we will be going over it there.
DO NOT PACK!
- Tree nuts of any kind (This does NOT include coconut, seeds, soy nuts or legumes. Items that are nut free, but labeled "made in a facility that processes nuts" are O.K.)
- Brazil nuts
- Macadamia nuts
- Pine nuts (in pre-packaged pesto) etc.
- Nut butters (check all pre-packaged granola and protein bars for ingredients)
- Nut milks
- Nut oils (check all pre-packaged food items for these ingredients)
NUT-FREE ALTERNATIVES and PROTEIN SOURCES
- Cheese and Milk
- Cottage cheese
- Rice, Soy, or hemp milk
- Sunflower seed butter (Sun butter)
- Soy nut butter (I.M. Healthy soy butter)
- Veggies or whole wheat pita, and dips or dressings
- Ranch or blue cheese
- Edamame hummus
- White bean hummus
- Kale or kale chips
- Buckwheat (Soba) noodles
- Beans (black, pinto, kidney, white, etc.)
- Chips and salsa
- Guacamole and chips
- Pumpkin Seeds (pepitas)
- Sunflower seeds
- Sesame seeds
- Hemp seeds
- Chia seeds
- Coconut oil
- Sunflower oil
- Olive oil
- Fruit (fresh or dried)