LATE ARRIVAL & DEPARTURE POLICIES
Elementary: 8:10 am
Primary: 8:15 am
Forest School: 8:30 am
The beginning of the day is extremely important for our students. When children arrive late in class, it is not only disruptive to the class, but a disservice to the student who is late. We want our students to learn good habits of timeliness.
Forest and Primary students who arrive late also miss crucial play activity and socialization whether students are inside or outside. When they arrive late, it is more difficult for the children to get into the rhythm of the day.
If you are unavoidably detained, please call or text the office at 630-690-6000. Parents will need to sign in any child arriving late. If you are just a few minutes late, you may be able to sign in at the drop off point. If there is no one at the drop off point, you will need to park and go to the office to sign your child in.
We understand that sometimes our mornings don’t always go as planned. Families will receive 3 Free Late Arrival passes per month. Any late arrivals after the 3rd For any month will be charged a late fee of $30.
Late Arrival Process
AM Drop-off - If you arrive late:
- If you will be more than a few minutes late CALL or TEXT the office at 630-690-600
- When you arrive, find the office staff member taking attendance at your child's drop off location
- Sign in with that office staff member
- If the office staff member taking attendance has already gone inside, please come to the office for assistance.
If a child must leave school early for any reason, please let the office know, so the information can be noted in the daily records. You can park in front of the school’s front door, and check in with the office when you arrive to pick up and an office staff member will retrieve your child from class. This will help ensure your child’s safety, and that the main teacher, specialty teachers and office staff will know of your child’s departure.
Late Pick Up
Elementary: 3:30 pm
Primary: 12:15 pm
Forest School: 11:30 pm
Aftercare PM: 3:30 pm
If you are unavoidably detained, please call or text the office at 630-690-6000. Parents will need to sign out any child being picked up late. Any Forest or Primary student being picked up late will be automatically taken to the aftercare class. If you are late to pick up your Forest or Primary student please park and sign in with the office and an office staff member will retrieve your child from the aftercare class.
We understand that sometimes our afternoons don’t always go as planned. Families will receive 3 Free Late Pick Up passes per month. Any late pick ups after the 3rd for each month will be charged a late fee of $30.
Late Pick Up Process
PM Pick up - If you arrive late:
- If you will be more than a few minutes late CALL or TEXT the office at 630-690-6000
- Park outside the main school entrance and ring the front door
- Sign in with the office staff member
- The office staff member will retrieve your student for you and bring them to your car